Advantages of V-model:
- Simple and easy to use.
- Testing activities like planning, test designing happens well before coding. This saves a lot of time. Hence higher chance of success over the waterfall model.
- Proactive defect tracking that is defects are found at early stage.
- Avoids the downward flow of the defects.
- Works well for small projects where requirements are easily understood.
- Very rigid and least flexible.
- Software is developed during the implementation phase, so no early prototypes of the software are produced.
- If any changes happen in midway, then the test documents along with requirement documents has to be updated.
- The V-shaped model should be used for small to medium sized projects where requirements are clearly defined and fixed.
- The V-Shaped model should be chosen when ample technical resources are available with needed technical expertise.